What should I expect from my first Pilates session?
- At your first class, you will have an initial assessment with an instructor to discuss your physical history and determine your needs and goals. Your Pilates instructor will introduce you to all the equipment and some of the exercises, and monitor your technique. Over time, your technique will be improved, and your needs may change. Together with your Pilates teacher, you will be able to measure your progress.
What kind of results can I expect?
- Joseph Pilates said, “In 10 sessions you’ll feel the difference, in 20 sessions you’ll see the difference, and in 30 sessions you’ll have a different body.”
- While individual results obviously depend on the frequency of workouts and your target goals, this statement is a fairly accurate measure of what you can expect. Dupa 10 sedinte, esti probabil să se simtă mai flexibil, după 20 veti vedea schimbari masurabile in tonusul muscular și după 30, te vei simti mai puternic, mai flexibil și au crescut stamina. After 10 sessions, you’re likely to feel more flexible, after 20 you’ll see measurable changes in muscle tone and after 30, you’ll feel stronger, leaner and have increased stamina.
- It is recommended that Pilates be practiced several times a week over an extended period to get the best results. Also shifts in mental awareness and general outlook are often noticed early on. And this is great because it’s often this type of change that motivates and encourages continued efforts.
How should I start Pilates?
- The perfect way to begin Pilates is to participate in a series of 1-on-1 on private classes. This enables you to built a strong understanding of the core principles of Pilates exercise and allows us to custom design your Pilates workouts based upon your current fitness levels, postural assessment, history and personal goals.
How often should I do Pilates?
- In order to see and feel the results of Pilates workouts, clients should take classes regularly (at least 2 or 3 times a week). However, very busy people , it is better to regularly do 1 session a week, than to do nothing.
Which is better – Mat Pilates or Pilates Reformer exercises?
- Complimenting each other in terms of purpose, Pilates exercises offer different, but equally effective benefits. The mat uses only your body weight to create resistance, which is ideal for developing core strength and stability, whereas the Reformer creates resistance through a system of springs and pulleys, which is advantageous when targeting muscles that would otherwise be difficult to isolate.
- Here at PilatesFIT Studio, we combine mat and equipment exercises based upon each individual clients’ needs
What should I wear to exercise in?
- Wear something comfortable that will enable stretching. There is a no shoes policy, so please wear clean socks or have clean feet!
Should I eat before a Pilates session?
- A light snack beforehand is fine, but it’s a good idea not to eat a heavy meal directly before exercising.
What kind of results can I expect?
- In addition to a beautiful posture and a tone body, Pilates programe de antrenament este un mare plus pentru un program de pierdere în greutate. Pilates workout is a great addition to a weight loss program.Pilates stimulates metabolism in such a way that burning calories does not stop once the end of your workout, but continues a couple of hours. Of course, together with a controlled diet effects become visible more quickly. While it is not a cardiovascular workout, Pilates burns calories as it strengthens, sculpts and tones the body, giving you a longer, leaner look
Is Pilates Suitable For All Ages?
- Due to the versatility and adaptability of the Pilates method, workouts can be easily modified to suit everyone from teenagers, to seniors, no matter what their lifestyles, body type or fitness levels.
Can Pilates help me overcome back pain?
- Generally, yes. With its focus on building core strenght , increasing flexibility and improving posture, Pilates training is a very safe, low to no impact system of exercise that can help improve 2 of the most common sources of back pain – muscular imbalances and poor posture.
PLEASE NOTE: For all clients with injury-related issues, we strongly recommend taking private sessions that incorporate appropriate modified exercises and consulting with your doctor first